CHEM1611 - This Week's Resources
Topics and Learning Outcomes
- identify stereogenic centres in organic molecules
- distinguish between different types of isomers, including enantiomers and diastereomers
- use (R)- and (S)- descriptors to describe enantiomers and identify if a compouind has (R)- or (S)- stereochemistry
- convert between stereo structures and Fischer projections
- determine the maximum number of isomers possible in a compound with more than one stereogenic centre
- identify meso compounds and when to expect them
- appreciate the role of chirality in nature and in drug design
Lecture Notes, Tutorial Worksheets & Answers and Suggested Exam Questions
The password to access copyright protected lecture notes is available on the eLearning site for this unit.
ChemCAL and iChem Resources
To access ChemCAL, use the username "1611" and the password "helium"
Contributed Links and Resources
You can contribute resources to this site and rank the existing resources: log in to eLearning and follow the link to 'Contribute' under 'Course Resources'.
Most Popular Resources This Week